Your 2011 marketing plan;
Does it include mobile apps, Facebook and Twitter
Or are you partying like 1999:
Press releases?

This time four years ago I was being thrown out of offices for telling prospective clients they needed a MySpace and YouTube presence. Most of those firms are in Hoovers.com graveyard section. I'm still reading on Linkedin questions, where do I send my press releases.

In March, 2009, I said Your next computer will be an iPhone (today more than likely an Android or Windows mobile).

There are half-a-million Android and iPhones activated daily in the USA. It is estimated there will be seven trillion texts sent in 2011. There are 4.2-billion mobile subscribers with 1,667 messages per user (where I read that did not say month or year. I'm assuming per month).


There are a quarter of a billion Facebook users in North America. Reportedly 150 billion new to Facebook between March and November, 2010 (worldwide).

You need to look on the horizon. I know people who have been on Twitter longer than me. I'm entering my third year - how about your company? How long has it been using Facebook and Twitter? Still sending out press releases?

As stated, four years ago I was suggesting MySpace. In 2007, it was (reportedly) the top visited website. In 2010, the top site was Facebook. Facebook has killed blogs, websites, blog radio and almost every other media. Where you sending those press releases? You're worried about SEO (search engine optimization) to your web page? You should have been worried about that in the 21st Century's first decade.

Today is the start of the second year of the 21st Century's second decade. Your employees are on Facebook all day on their SmartPhones. More than 80 percent of your employees have SmartPhones and are using them - constantly. Yet your marketing plan is still focused on your website, SEO and press releases?

In June, 2010, I was on a blog talk radio station - I stated I no longer have a website. Today, Facebook fan pages have replaced websites. There are more than 200-million Facebook fan pages, so I read.

Let's discuss your 2011 marketing plan. Click on the call me icon on this page - it's a free call.

Comments